Thank you for shopping with The Local! If you need to return merchandise please read through all of our policies below as there are no exceptions. You have 14 days after receiving your merchandise to notify The Local of a return. All returns must be received back at The Local within a 30 day time period from original purchase date. All merchandise that is eligible for a return will be refunded to your original form of payment. We will deduct the shipping fee from your refund if you wish to ship the merchandise back or you can do an in store return. All eligible returns must be unworn with the tags attached and include the receipt. If you have any questions or concerns about a return, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you in any way we can.
Merchandise Ineligible for Return
If you send back merchandise that does not qualify for a return then you will be responsible to pay the return shipping fee. We will hold non-returnable merchandise for 14 days. After 14 days the merchandise will be donated to charity.
- All clearance, sale items, buy one get one free, or purchases made with a coupon code of 40% or more are final sale.
- Any merchandise that has been worn, used, washed, damaged, or tags have been removed.
- All merchandise purchased as a defective item on our sale page.
- Due to sanitary reasons, the following merchandise is not eligible for returns: swimwear, intimates, undergarments, bras, bandeaus, hair accessories, hats and earrings.
- Shoes that are returned with damage to the original packaging. Please see return instructions for more details.
- Any merchandise that has been in your possession more than 14 days without notifying The Local.
- Any merchandise that is being returned through our online store that has not been returned to The Local within the 30 day deadline from the original purchase date.
- There will be no exchanges as we are constantly striving to find one of a kind pieces and cannot guarantee inventory availability.
- If you are wishing to exchange merchandise, please follow our return process and you may reorder the correct size or style at your convenience.
- If you place an order before receiving your refund we will not refund that amount to you. If you wish to use your refund please wait until your return has been issued
Defects or Damages
- All defects/damages must be approved by The Local.
- If you receive defected/damaged merchandise, The Local must be contacted within 3 days of receiving your merchandise.
- We cannot accept merchandise that is damaged during wear, wash or if tags are removed.
- Once approved, a return will be processed at no cost to you.
- The Local must receive the defected/damaged merchandise within the 30 days of your purchase.
- Exact colors/patterns of merchandise may vary due to photography lenses, lighting and screen resolutions. This does not qualify as a defect. The Local tries their best to have realistic images.
- Contact email@example.com regarding your return.
- If the return is approved you will receive a prepaid return label and a return form.
- Please utilize your mailer bag to return your merchandise. Turn the mailer bag inside out, secure the return label on the outside of the mailer bag and include the return form with your merchandise.
- If returning shoes, do not place any tape or shipping labels on the shoebox. Place the shoebox inside of the mailer bag and secure the return label on the outside of the mailer bag. No damage is to be done to the shoebox or your return will be rejected and shipped back to you at your cost.
- Returns are done through USPS service and can be dropped off in your mailbox for pick up or your local USPS store.
- Once The Local receives your return, please allow up to 5 business days for processing.
- You will receive an email once your refund has been issued.
- Any merchandise that is not returned correctly through our returns department will be rejected. You will be contacted regarding the return of your merchandise and you will be responsible for any fees incurred to receive your merchandise back. After 14 days, the merchandise will be donated to charity.
We are a small business striving to find one of a kind pieces for you. Our philosophy is to be fair and reasonable with our returns, and we hope that our customers are fair and reasonable with us. If more than 5 items are returned within a 30 day period a 25% restocking fee will be assessed per item after the fifth item returned. This will be deducted from your return. In rare cases, if we feel a customer isn’t being fair, either by regularly abusing our returns system or by having an unusually high rate of returns, we may ultimately decide that we can no longer serve that customer.